What your dentist in Clayton, Missouri wants you to know
You may need orthodontic treatment to correct poor jaw alignment, but you may also want orthodontic treatment to create a more beautiful smile. Modern orthodontic treatment allows you to do both. Dr. William H. Peterson in Clayton, Missouri wants to share why you might need or want orthodontics for your smile.
Orthodontic treatment can correct jaw alignment problems. It’s important for your chewing function to have your jaws come together correctly when you chew. Bad jaw alignment that goes uncorrected can result in wear-and-tear on the joints in your jaw, causing TMJ pain, headaches, and other issues. Some common jaw alignment problems that can be corrected with orthodontic treatment include:
- An overbite, caused by your upper jaw protruding too far out in front of your lower jaw when you bite
- An underbite, caused by your lower jaw protruding in front of your upper jaw when you bite
- A crossbite, caused by your jaws crossing each other when you bite
- An open bite, caused by your front teeth not closing together when you bite
You may want orthodontic treatment to make your smile look better. Rotated, crooked teeth or spaces between your teeth can be corrected to make your smile more cosmetically beautiful. Your smile will also be easier to clean when you have straight teeth. Tooth alignment issues aren’t just aesthetic issues. Poorly aligned teeth can also become damaged, broken, excessively worn, and traumatized.
Fortunately, Dr. Peterson offers Invisalign, the discreet way to make your smile straight and beautiful. Invisalign uses a system of clear plastic trays called aligners, which you will change out every two weeks until your treatment is complete. You will love Invisalign because it is:
- Quick; the entire treatment is complete in 9 to 15 months
- Comfortable; made of smooth plastic with no sharp metal parts
- Discreet; with clear plastic trays, no one will notice you are wearing them
- Healthy; you remove them to eat, brush, and floss your teeth
Whether you need orthodontics for functional issues, or you want orthodontics for a more pleasing smile, Dr. Peterson can help. To get started on your new smile call Dr. William H. Peterson in Clayton, Missouri today!